One of the spouses must have been a resident of the state for 6 months and the county in
which the petition is filed for 3 months immediately prior to filing for dissolution of
marriage. [Annotated Indiana Code; Title 31, Article 1, Chapter 11.5-5.6].
The only no-fault ground for dissolution of marriage in Indiana is: Irretrievable breakdown
of the marriage. (Annotated Indiana Code; Code 31, Article 1, Chapter 11.5-5.,3].
USE THESE WORDS IN THE COURT DOCUMENTS FOR INDIANA
- Use these exact words, all in capital letters: COURT OF
COUNTY, INDIANA (The first line will have the word SUPERIOR, CIRCUIT, or
DOMESTIC RELATIONS in it. Each county uses a different one. Contact your County
Clerks office for further information.
- Use these exact words, all in capital letters: PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF
- Use the word "Petitioner". Be sure the "P" is capitalized.
- Use the word "Respondent". Be sure the "R" is capitalized.
- Use these exact words, all in capital letters: FINAL DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE
- Use the word "County" here.
Free Indiana Divorce Forms for Download
Following divorce forms are free for download. Most of the forms are provided with instructions on how to fill the form.
To download any of these divorce papers and forms just right click on the link and select "Save As...".
Indiana Divorce Instructions
Forms & Documents
Indiana Divorce Court Forms
Indiana Divorce Forms to be Signed by a Friend
Your Divorce Forms
Indiana Divorce Forms that Both Parties Must sign
Divorce Form for Your Spouse